07 Oct 2020
Smart Maritime Network’s first conference of Autumn 2020 will address the twin forces of digitalisation and standardisation, with an eye on how recent world events have impacted our approach to both issues. Disruption is no longer a possibility but a fact of business life – we will ask industry experts to share their views on how to successfully navigate the route to digitally-supported maritime operations and build workflows that are adaptable to rapidly changing circumstances. With the world now embracing autonomy, digitalisation and smart technologies at an unprecedented rate, we will investigate how shipping can play a leading role in this global transformation.
GVF members can obtain 20% discount with using the code SMNCPHVIP20.
The day will feature keynote presentations from some of our sector’s foremost experts, combined with interactive panel sessions with industry leaders, giving you the chance to ask the questions that matter most to your business.
Some of the issues we will cover throughout the day are:
• Addressing the dual challenges of digitalisation and sustainability
• Building resilience and agility through standardisation and digitalisation
• Creating certainty in an uncertain world
• Platforms and ecosystems to address maritime complexity
• Harnessing smart technology for vessel efficiency
• Supply chain collaboration – Integration between maritime, the logistics chain and other stakeholders in cargo transportation
• Plus – Technology Display Zones, where key partners will have the opportunity to showcase and demonstrate their latest innovations and outline how they are working towards a smarter, more connected future of shipping.
The formal proceedings will be followed by a Networking Party at the end of the day at the renowned Gemyse, located within the beautiful Tivoli Gardens, kindly sponsored by Inmarsat, to enable further discussion and foster new partnerships between all those attending.