Wednesday, 1 February 2017
LONDON – Accessing the Internet, whenever you want, wherever you are, wherever you’re going to, and however you’re getting there, with fast broadband data speeds facilitating engagement with a myriad of applications and services, is now universal in the provision of delivery goals and user expectations of today’s communications marketplace, and the GVF-EMP Partnership has now announced the preliminary speaker line-up for its annual Connectivity event focused on addressing the technologies, themes, trends, and market dynamics of broadband mobility via satellite and other communications platforms.
GVF Connectivity 2017 – Air, Sea, Surface, Rail: Evolving the New and Not So New Verticals (www.uk-emp.co.uk/current-events/connectivity-2017/) will take place on 22nd February 2017 at the Strand Palace Hotel, London.
Martin Jarrold, GVF Chief of International Programme Development, commented “The event, the fourth in the Connectivity series, will investigate the universal connectivity ecosystem, with particular, though not exclusive, reference to the latest developments in the satellite communications marketplace which are focused around the launch of more-and-more high throughput satellite (HTS) payloads into orbit.”
Mr Jarrold added, “This is already another strong programme and I am pleased to welcome Betty Bonnardel-Azzarelli of AB5 Consulting as a co-moderator on some of the sessions where her expertise and insight will contribute to the quality of the speaker and audience dialogue.”
Four interactive panel sessions will explore: Space & Ground Segment Technologies; The Consumer, Government, Enterprise Services Connectivity Ecosystem; Mobile Connectivity, the Cloud & the Internet of Things; Developing Applications & Building the User Vertical Deployment Environment.
As of the date of this release, the preliminary speaker line-up will feature (alphabetical by company name):
Betty Bonnardel-Azzarelli, Managing Director, AB5 Consulting
Martin Jarrold, Chief of International Programme Development, GVF
Speakers (alphabetical order by company name):
- Connectivity: Comparing Regulatory Regimes”
- Anna Guegan, Policy Advisor, Access Partnership
- Mark Lambert, VP Sales & Marketing & MD EMEA, Advantech Wireless
- “Video Uplink – Not the Nine O’Clock News”
- Stephen Flood, Managing Director, Auriga Kore Networks
- “The Video Uplinker”
- Jonathan Higgins, Managing Director, Beaconseek
- Speaker to be announced, Es’hailSat
- Mario Mancini, Assistant VP Hardware, Hughes
- “New Challenges for Satellite Backhauling”
- Jorge Rodriguez Lopez, Product Strategy Manager, Hispasat
- Denis Sutherland, Vice President Business Development, iDirect
- Mike Holdsworth, Product Delivery Specialist, Inmarsat
- Richard Roithner, Market Development, Inmarsat
- Alvaro Sanchez, Sales Director, Integrasys
- Andrew Faiola, Sales Director Europe, Intelsat
- “Iridium Certus – A New Maritime Future is Coming”
- Kyle Hurst, Director Maritime Business, Iridium
- Bart van Poucke, Product Manager, Newtec
- David Garood, CSO, Phasor
- “Compact Payload for High Throughput Micro Satellites”
- Alessandro Modigliana, Satellite Applications Catapult
- Nick Burrett, Regional Director - Northern European Data & Mobility Services, SES
- "Value Chains – Opportunities and Siren Songs”
- Chris Schram, CEO, Stellar Solutions Aerospace
As at 18th January the programme has attracted registered attendance by the following organisations:
AB5 Consulting; Access Partnership; Advantech Wireless; Aetheric Engineering Ltd; Agilis; Applied Satellite Technology; Arqiva; Beaconseek; British Telecommunications; Cobham SATCOM; Comtech EF Data; Costain; CPI Europe Ltd; EMC Connected; Es'hailSat; Europasat; Eutelsat; Everard Solutions; FBS UK Ltd; Fibersat; Gibson Professional Search; Global Eagle Entertainment; Go Media Services; Hispasat; Honeywell; Hughes; iDirect; HIS; Inmarsat; Integrasys; Intelsat; IP Access; Iridium; Media Broadcast Satelite GmbH; Navarino UK; Newtec; Onlime; Paradigm; PHASOR Inc; Santander Teleport; Satellite Applications Catapult; SES; Singtel; sIRG; SiS Live; Stellar Solutions Aerospace; Talia; Telesat; T-SAT; ViaSat; Vocality; VT Miltope.
Paul Stahl, Executive Director of EMP noted, “The daily flow of new registrations continues to be strong and with just four weeks to go to the event I would encourage all interested organisations to register their delegates as quickly as possible. For our previous event in London, the HTS Roundtable 2016, we had to close registrations about a week in advance of the programme as we had reached full capacity – which was disappointing for late registrants.”
For further information please visit the GVF Connectivity 2017 website atwww.uk-emp.co.uk/current-events/connectivity-2017/, or contact Martin Jarrold (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paul Stahl (email@example.com).