The GVF Mining Communications Forum
The GVF Mining Communications Forum brings together leading satellite industry companies with mining firms and their support service companies to identify and develop best practices, share industry-wide innovation and track emerging trends. In addition, the Forum provides a platform for exploring innovative ways mining companies can utilize satellite communications to address their corporate social responsibility needs through education, health and workforce development programs.
Led by Steve Schmida, Managing Director, SSG Advisors, the Forum is composed of GVF Member companies, as well as other mining stakeholders. The group aims to identify means by which satellite communications can be more effectively applied by mining interests to support their operations, as well as to improve their involvement with local government and communities.
Forum activities include the following:
- Engagement with associations and other groups in the mining sector;
- Heightening awareness of satellite solutions at mining events (panel discussions, workshops, seminars, etc.) identified/organized by GVF and partner organizations;
- Delivery of webinars by GVF and its Membership;
- Provision of training -- including VSAT Installation, Sustainable Satellite Solutions, and other curricula, as appropriate -- by GVF and its Membership;
- Preparation and dissemination of industry newsletter/publication articles prepared by the GVF Mining Communications Forum;
- Addressing regulatory challenges and opportunities;
- Identification and initiation of pilot projects in developing countries where communications is integrated with a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) solution; and
- Other mining activities that fall within the GVF remit.