Andrew Werth Scholarship Discount
We implement this program by offering a 50% discount on tuition fees for Knowledge Center subscriptions and for eligible courses (HOST and some other courses excluded) to students or organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Individuals paying their own fees who are nationals of a developing country*, and either (a) are located in a developing country*, or (b) are temporarily located in a developed country and will be returning to a developing country in the future and intend to support satellite communications there. (Note: If any organization or company based in a developed country is paying your fees, you are not eligible.)
- Organizations paying fees for their staff, who are based in a developing country* and are not subsidiaries or joint ventures of companies based in the developed countries.
- UN and certain other humanitarian non-governmental organizations: ICRC, IFRC, IRC, Medicins Sans Frontieres, NetHope, World Vision, UNHCR, UNICEF, and WFP. To be eligigle for the discount, training fees must be paid by the organization either directly to SatProf, or reimbursed by the organization to the student paying the fees.
To receive the 50% discount, you may:
- If enrolling in a Knowledge Center subscription, complete the order form, check the box for "I am eligible for the Andrew Werth scholarship" and choose which country or organization applies in your case; or,
- If using a credit card to register for ain individual course, enter the promotional code INV-DC during the checkout step for online registration. You must enter full contact details in your "My Profile" page, including student name, address, country of residence, and employer (if employer is paying your tuition); or,
- If using other tuition payment methods, remit 50% of the fees listed in the course catalog, and advise GVF by email (email@example.com) of your request to register under the developing country contribution program. In your email, you must enter full contact details, including student name, address, country of residence, and employer (if employer is paying your tuition).
Please note that we periodically audit the student registration records. The account of any student who has registered under the developing country contribution program but is not eligible will be deactivated and a tuition refund will not be issued. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* For the Andrew Werth Scholarship, GVF defines developing countries as those classified by the World Bank with economies in the low, low-middle, and high-middle income groups. As of December 2014 this list consists of:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo (Dem. Rep), Congo (Rep.), Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bisau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia (FYR), Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia (Fed. Sts.), Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Please also note that provision of GVF training is subject to U.S. export restrictions.